Friday, March 21, 2014

Work Stress...continued.

My manager called just a few minutes ago. He asked me if I went to my meeting this morning. I said that I was there, signed in, attended, and left when it was over. He said that he didn't need any details, but just wanted to know if I was there. He said that they haven't gotten any results yet, and the folks in the meeting haven't contacted my manager about it.

So, they are going to pay me for this weekend, at my base rate of pay. He asked me if I was OK with that. I am going to get 36 hours of pay on my next pay day, minus my insurance, taxes, etc.

I said, "Yes, that would be great. I appreciate it". SCORE!!!

4 comments:

  1. So as long as you attended the meeting you are reinstated? Sounds like your boss was confirming your attendance as Mum was the word with the higher ups at the meeting. I am also a bit confused-the base paid 36 hours was for last weekend that you already worked or the one coming up that they want you to work, just at a reduced compensation (the 36 base paid hours minus usual deductions)

    So if I got this right, you are back with a salary? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the people who were in the meeting did not email their conclusions and recommendations to my manager, the Director of my unit decided that they have to pay me for this weekend, (if I wasn't suspended, I should have been working). The recommendations need to go back to leadership for their input, and hopefully will have some more info early next week on my end. Currently, I am still suspended, but being paid for the three shifts I would have worked this weekend. It will show in my bank account in two weeks. I work 36 hours a week, and the pay is my flat base pay without any differentials. It's kind of complicated.

      Delete
  2. OK, I get it, thanks for clarifying. You come out ahead, vs not getting paid at all for this weekend, so that is a win for you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with everything that you're going through with work Debbie, keep your chin up.
    It's great that you're getting paid even if its just your base pay.

    ReplyDelete