Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dinner 3/6

My husband bought a fajita kit last night. It comes with a pack of soft flour shells, seasoning for the meat, and some salsa. I did buy a small package of chicken breast at Aldi. It came with a two dollar off coupon on it.

So, he's going to make chicken fajitas for all five of us. I have a lurking orange, and some new fruit (which is going very fast. I'm surprised, but the kids and hubby are loving it) that I can going to peel and cut up to go with it.

Chicken fajitas, lurking lettuce, the last of the lurking tomatoes (I bought new lettuce and tomato yesterday) sliced green peppers and onion. We are going to have 2 sliced oranges, 1 sliced banana, and some fresh pineapple on the side. I can't wait for dinner.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds exactly like a dinner we would have at our house! :) Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Any left overs are going into my weekend work lunch.

      Delete
  2. Sounds really good! If you want to stretch your fresh fruit a bit, how about a Spanish orange and onion salad? if you must use up the lettuce, serve it over that. Google "spanish orange onion salad" there are a lot of varieties but it's basically orange segments and sliced onions with a light dressing.

    HTH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found one from all recipes. We don't enjoy olives, but they can be left out. My husband and I don't really need the sodium in them. It really sounds pretty good even with out them. I can't wait to cut the fresh pineapple. I may even add it as a topping/fixing for the fajitas.

      Delete