Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Grocery Shopping...

It's always an adventure. I stopped at CVS to pick up my daughter's medication.

CVS:
Dawn Soap .99
Acne medication for my son 5.49
two packages of always pads 11.29
My daughter's medication 8.19
Total Spent: 21.31
Saved 5.20 in coupons

Food Lion:
30 gallon trash bags 5.49
2 bags of cat food 9.58
Cat liter 8.89
Total Spent: 19.23
Saved 6.00 in coupons.

Dollar Tree (first time to shop)
2 crest toothpaste
ranch dressing
ketchup
2 secret deodorant for girls
men deodorant for son
cinnamon
3 bottle white rain shampoo
one jug of fabric softener
1 jug of laundry soap 43 ounces
20 oz of ziti
one jar of garlic mushroom spag sauce (try first)
Spent 16.73
Saved total 1.00 in coupons for toothpaste

Aldi:
5 lbs of red potatoes
5 lb of red potatoes
1 ln of pinto beans
2 lb carrots
4 lb of apples, oranges
3 lb onions
one package of chicken breast (with 2 dollar off coupon)
2 kb carrots
roma tomatoes
fresh pineapple
one whole chicken
lb of pinto beans
lb ground turkey
2 gallons skim milk
2 lb frozen corn
two packages of spinach and cheese ravioli
lb ground turkey
4 rolls of 1000 sheet tiolet paper
2 lb 82 % ground beef
raisin bran
lettuce
peanut butter
strawberry preserves
two loaves of white bread
one cucumber
two green peppers
2 lb broccoli cuts
3 lb bananas
original whole wheat crackers
saltines
2 packages of bottled water  
Total Spent 79.33


Total for month: 300.00
Spent: 128.46 (my daughter's medicine is not counted in this total).
Left: 171.54

4 comments:

  1. Wow- you did good so far this month. I always hesitate to go to Dollar Tree but I think I am seeing that it may be well worth it to just go and get certain household things there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been in there to shop before. I've looked around, but never bought groceries. I figure the house hold stuff can't be bad. I did find some pasta that was a lb and a half for only a dollar. My rock bottom price was 0.79 a lb at Sharp Shopper. The dollar store purchase makes it 50 cents a lb. I was shocked and couldn't believe the selections when I took the time to look and see what was available. They even took the coupon I had for crest tooth paste. The tooth paste was 1.00. I bought two, and had a 1.00 coupon off two purchases. It made both tubes only 50 cents. Worth it to shop there once a month for my family. We are not brand loyal, which is important.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I usually get my pasta at Sharp Shopper too- that is usually the lowest I can get it. But now you've got me re-thinking some things. We are not brand loyal either. The toothpaste is a really good deal. I think the reason why I have never really shopped there for household stuff is because I got aluminum foil there one time and when I took it home I realized there was only 25 sq ft on the roll- it went way too quickly and when I did a price comparison it was not worth it at all to get it there. That was a turn-off but I am thinking that maybe I should have given some other items a chance. I know their cleaning products are worth it.

      Delete
  2. Debbie
    Looks like you had a good shopping trip. Forgot to mention that Dollar Tree is also the go to place for office supplies, some school supplies (quality issues so you have to look at what you are thinking of buying),greeting cards, batteries, gift wrapping supplies, foil trays (I use these for freezer meals, for church donations to bake sales, for sending a meal over to someone-don't have to worry about getting it back), shampoo/conditioner, ketchup, mustard, dressings, spices, random groceries like jello, box potato mixes, baked beans, soups, aeseptic boxed milk and boxed 1/2 & 1/2. you just never know what you'll find. cleaning stuff alone-a real money saver.

    ReplyDelete