Saturday, March 8, 2014

Work Lunches...

Since I am the one who needs a lunch for work, I usually take left overs from dinner, or what ever needs to be used in the fridge. It helps keep the budget intact, and gets rid of things that need to go, instead of begin tossed out.

My lunch last night:
a serving of bean soup
a few chunks of fresh pineapple (left over from fajita night)
a small salad with ranch dressing
a banana
an orange

Tonights lunch:
left over pasta with garlic marinara sauce
an apple
some left over salad
fresh pineapple
some raisins (pantry lurker)
left over broccoli

We have been working hard to increase our fruits and veggie intake. The kids are not as excited as I am. I have lost two pounds. My husband will eat a lot of fruit and veggies, but he prefers not to have them. He tells me he eats them because I remind him (funny huh).


4 comments:

  1. I know some people turn their noses up at leftovers but I find that many things are better the second (and sometimes the third) time around. Good for you for working to eat more fruits and veggies- I was just telling myself that I should do better this week. I always make sure the kids eat a lot of fruits and veggies but I have to work more on myself eating them when I am in a snacking mood. Haha- and one day your husband will thank you and appreciate you for all the reminders to eat better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard. I am not one that adapts to change quickly. My favorite all time snack is a bag of plain potato chips with any kind of dip. Actually, any thing with dip is awesome to me. But I'm hoping that I can keep the enthusiasm going, and I actually feel better inside. It really does make a difference.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very healthy lunch menu! I either take homemade soup or leftovers to work, rarely taking a sandwich as I much prefer a hot meal. A good trick to sneak more vegetables into the family diet is to shred/grate vegetables into marinara sauce. Topped over pasta, some cheese on top-everyone is happy! : )

    Good for you to make an effort to add more produce to you collective diets.
    Carol in CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son has a "vegetable alarm". He makes loud siren sounds at dinner time when he's given something he doesn't care for. He is a pretty good eater 90 percent of the time, but he has moments where he doesn't like/want something. Shredding veggies into a marinara sauce is a great idea.

      Delete