Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dinner 3/12

I posted under 3/12 for yesterday's dinner. So, for today's dinner for five, it's meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and steamed veggies. Not to sure on the veggies yet, as we have tons in the freezer.

The meat loaf will be made with a lb of ground beef, and a lb of ground turkey. I have some serious meat eats in the house. I have some lurking ends of cereal bags (crumbs from mini wheats and raisin bran), and lurking whole oat with flax cereal that I am going to use instead of breadcrumbs. A little milk, some eggs, spices and call it a meal.

I am going to make mashed potatoes (potatoes, some margarine, powdered milk, onion and garlic powder), and find some sort of veggie to have with it.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Just set a slice or 2 aside for a sandwich-YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meatloaf, now that it's starting to cool down here in Adelaide we can look at eating warmer meals. It looks like I'll be starting back at work on Monday but only doing 4 hour shifts for a month. At least I'll get my full hourly rate for those 4 hours. It's not much but it's a start. I've got $2000 AU in school fees to pay, but they'll just have to accept so much $'s a fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm! Sounds yummy! I never thought about using the cereal crumbs in place of bread crumbs- you are brilliant! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I mix the cereal well in the meat mixture, the kids don't really notice. The raisin bran was just crumbs of bran flakes, and the mini wheats were the left over stray crumbs at the bottom of the bag. I also used some organic oatmeal with flax in it. It's all healthy stuff going into the children's bellies. Prevents me from throwing the lurking stuff away, since there wasn't enough cereal for the kids to have a bowl.

      Delete