Sunday, March 16, 2014

dinner 3/16

I have a package of four chicken quarters in the fridge. I took them out, washed them and seasoned them with parsley, poultry seasoning, celery salt, and a spice grinder mix from Aldi (pepper, garlic, mustard seed, onion, salt, bell peppers). I peeled and cut up four carrots, five potatoes, a clove of garlic, and a small onion. I put everything into the crock pot with a cup of water.

We are having chicken and veggies for dinner. Any stock left at the bottom of the crock pot will be put into the freezer for soup. I will end up breaking up the chicken quarters after being cooked, into a leg and thigh portion. Any left over will be used for another meal tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! sounds delicious on this cold day! I suggest mixing up some drop dumplings to put on top, great way to fill up empty, growing teen bellies for pennies! SOmetimes I add herbs, sometimes cheese, sometimes they are plain.
    HTH

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good- and really easy! And I have some chicken leg quarters in the freezer- do you mind if I steal your recipe? I just love the crock-pot; when I use it I feel like someone else is cooking dinner for me- haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, go ahead and use it. It's not really a recipe, just a bunch of things together. I also love my crock pot.

    Carol, I was hoping to use some of the left overs tomorrow with a dumpling/biscuit topping. I have one container of each, beef, pork, chicken with the same veggies. was going to make a pot pie for tomorrow's dinner. I have the containers thawing in the fridge for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete