Saturday, March 22, 2014

The chili....

that my husband made was great. We had two serving containers that we labeled and dated for the freezer. Frozen chili makes for a great meal when finances are difficult in the coming weeks. We have one container of leftover chili for lunches for those who want it tomorrow.

We have a few things hanging out in the fridge. I think it's going to be a clean out the fridge for dinner tomorrow. We have two servings of pasta, the chili, some salad fixings, and a few other things.

Everyone was home today. So, we all had organic whole oats with brown sugar and flax, finished off the lurking tomato soap in the pantry for lunch, and the kids had sandwiches with their soup (my dh and I had just soup), and we had the chili for dinner.

I put 20 dollars worth of gas in my car. It's priced 3.29 a gallon right now, and I took my special ed kid to the park for 90 minutes. He loved it, I walked around the parameter of the play ground at the park while he was playing. We both had some exercise and sunshine.

He also helped me rake up the front yard. My neighbor's tree decided to leave a bunch of acorn/chestnuts (who really knows that they are, I don't) all over my front yard. My special ed kid and I raked everything up, bagged it, and my husband and girls took it to the landfill (they have a yard waste area that gets turned into mulch).

Overall, a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Pasta + chilli = Cincinati chilli! Just an idea! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish gas was $3.29 here where I live. It's hovering around $3.75 a gal & that's just for reg gas. Just heard on the news tonight that Indiana (where I live) is one of 10 states that have the highest gas prices. Just my luck. lol bty your husbands chili sounds so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chili was good. The gas usually hovers around 3.29-3.49, I'm hoping istays on the "lower end" of the price range.

      Delete