Monday, March 31, 2014

Results of interview...

Dress clothes are not my thing. I gotta get out of them in a few minutes.

So, I went to the interview. It was amazing. I was asked a few questions. I was asked about my preference for ICU. I mentioned that in my heart, I belong in ICU. The director made a lot of references to med/surg unit and the staff being RN's with one or two years experience. I have been an LPN for 4 years, and RN for almost 4 years. I have a few years of nursing behind me.

She asked me if I had any objections to night shift. The opening is on night shift (my preferred shift). I explained that night shift works better for my family, and it's what we are used to.

I have a second interview on Thursday at 330 with the Director of HR. I have a third interview at 4 with the Director I interviewed with today, and a few of her staff RN's. I was invited to attend their staff meeting at 5 until 6:30 on Thursday.

She mentioned when all the interviews were over, if I wanted the opportunity to "shadow" one of her nurses. I accepted. I am not sure when that will be.

I left my portfolio with her. She said she would take good care of it until Thursday.

OMG. I am so excited.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds so promising! Keeping fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm hoping this is my opportunity. I don't know how folks manage long term with issues in employment. This has been a stressful three weeks. But it is getting better.

      Delete
  2. Debbie, I'm so happy for you. I'm sure you will get the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I have a good feeling, but I don't want to blow this.

      Delete