Friday, March 21, 2014

Work stress....

and lack of pay due to a suspension, pending various meetings with leadership/staff/peer reviews.
I got paid yesterday for the previous two weeks. I paid my car insurance, student loan, a payment to my home equity loan, and the electric bill. The suspension is without pay, and I am not able to use my accrued time earned. I have been out of work 36 hours now, and this weekend will make 72 hours (since I work Fri, Sat, Sun).

I have more than half my pay still in the checking account, and haven't touched my savings account. I had two meetings this week to attend. I am hoping to hear back by early next week. I am pretty sure there will be nothing done over the weekend. I have 3800 in my savings, and 1200 in my checking right now. That's after I paid the bills yesterday.

I figured I might as well start looking for another full time position. I filled out three online applications/sent my resume/cover letters out yesterday.

I had to speak to my husband about his spending. He is supportive with my emotional status, but really doesn't understand what's going on with my work stress. He knows what cash is in my account (we have separate checking/savings), and is trying to help me cope.

It's great to have someone who cares so much.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your work issues. No pay is very stressful; I am currently on unpaid medical leave. I was able to plan for it, as of December, however. Do you have any idea how long you can go before having to dip into savings or put daily expenses on credit? Is it a given that you will be reinstated after 2 weeks? or are things up in the air, so because of whatever happened, you are being pro-active and looking for an alternative work situation? Can you go per diem somewhere else for now in the interim?
    Hope things work out for you. Good luck!
    Carol in CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can go until mid april before having to cut into my savings. I am not spending ANY money other than bills/gas for the car. I don't have any credit cards, since I paid everything off a while ago. It's not a given to be back after two weeks, and I will have another meeting early next week I hope. I have put in three applications, with my cover letter and resume as of last night.

      Delete
  2. So sorry you are going through this. I know it can be very stressful when things are up in the air and you don't know exactly what the future holds. Hopefully the issues will resolve soon or you will be able to find another position somewhere else. You are strong and you will get through this. I am glad that your husband is supportive and can ride out this wave with you. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete