Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Frugal lunch...

I have two garlic parmesan bread stick mixes in the pantry. I have an open can of crushed tomato in the fridge. I have some EDAM cheese that hasn't been eaten yet. I have an assortment of spices, onion, and garlic that should be used.

I put the bread stick mixes in the ABM (I don't want to have to mix by hand YUCK). When it's finished rising, I'm going to roll it out and divide it up into two pizza crusts. I'm going to use up the crushed tomatoes in the fridge, add some EDAM cheese, basil, onion and garlic powder, and bake it in the oven. I tell the kids it's cheese pizza. It is, with some spices.

I am going to made a cheese, onion, garlic pizza for my husband and I. I took out two cloves of garlic, and a small onion to slice. I will make a regular cheese pizza and just add the sliced onion and garlic on top, bake as usual.

It really isn't hard, and the kids will be happy to have some "junk food".

6 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect, you also have some canned mushrooms that you could add as well. Enjoy! A hot lunch is preferred here as well. Today I am having leftover brown rice from last night, topped with last night;s leftover steamed cabbage and steamed Zuke and Summer squash with the remaining bits of Zesty Italian infused marinade (A deal from French's)BSCB on top. I'll heat it up in the microwave and have that in a bowl, alongside my usual cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of the canned mushrooms. Thanks, my husband will be thrilled.

      Delete
  2. Mmmm! Sounds good- nice way to use up leftover fridge items too! I have never heard of EDAM cheese??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a link I found. The cheese I found at Sharp Shopper for 99 cents an 8 ounces. I was curious at first, but the kids and hubby really enjoy it. It's a cheaper price, has more protein, less fat than some other cheeses.

      Delete
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edam_cheese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow- that sounds good. I think I am going to look for it next time I am at Sharp Shopper. Thanks!

      Delete