Thursday, March 6, 2014

60 T mile check up....

My husband called the KIA place to find out how much it would cost for a tune up and the 60 T mile check up. The service department answered and spoke to my husband. My husband told her what exactly needed to be done according to our scheduled maintenance book states. The response was, "Are all the items needing replaced?"

"Ummmm, no. It's for  a check up that scheduled according to your company's maintenance standards" my husband told her. He also said that he would be "willing to drop off the vehicle and pick it up later in the day or the next morning, which ever was convenient for them" (we have two vehicles).

We got the appointment for Tuesday morning. I swear I wanted to scream when the service department said to my husband, "Tell me again, does all these items need to be replaced, and when are you going to pick up the vehicle?"

Yeah. Well, someone needs some more coffee in the service department. It's not me, I don't drink coffee.

They quoted me 250.95. Fine. I can take the cash out of my checking account, and not touch my savings.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Just a suggestion- when you drop the vehicle off on Tuesday I would remind them again that it is for a checkup, not to replace everything. lol. (And maybe bring a cup of coffee for the person working on the car- haha!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine that the woman that answered the phone was being an air head. Maybe she was just preoccupied and not paying attention. We will make sure when the car is dropped off that it is for a check up and oil change only. HAHA. Last time I was there, the service counter had a young guy working who clarified everything we wanted done.

      Delete