Friday, March 28, 2014

Dinner 3/28

My husband sells things on the internet/amazon/ebay/yard sales. Some times he does well, and other times it's a complete flop. Well, he sold some of his things (I used to call it crap, but I guess it's not since people bought the stuff) and bought a very small ham. It's 7 pounds and cost a FORTUNE!! He said that he didn't look at the price, but just picked it up and thought it would be great for dinner. (I love him for thinking about the five of us). So, he paid 2.19 a lb for a 7 lb ham. He was so excited that he called me (I was at an appointment and on my way home) that he had a surprise for the two of us. I love him!!!!!

I told him that we would treat this baby like GOLD.

Tonight's dinner is baked ham, leftover mashed potatoes (from Tuesday), leftover steamed corn and green beans (from Tuesday), and a small serving of steamed peas.

I expect that we will finish of the corn, beans, and potatoes tonight. The ham will be sliced, packaged away for the freezer. Some will be put towards weekend lunches for the children, bone will be wrapped well and put into the freezer, and the stock will be put into a container and placed in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment