Sunday, March 23, 2014

Dinner 3/23

My daughter was at the grocery store last night after she got out of work. She bought some beef strips (OMG I can't believe the price 4.99 lb), and two packages of red beans and rice from Lipton.

My husband is going to cook the beef strips and red beans and rice. Apparently he's going to combine the two of them after it finishes cooking. I asked him to steam some broccoli to go with it. We need some veggies to go with this. We are also going to slice up two bananas and a handful of raisins on the side. The kids need fruits and veggies with their meals.

I also made some pumpkin bars for later as a dessert.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain about meat prices. Well prices of groceries in general. I was at my Supercenter here in Northern Indiana where I live grocery shopping last wk & about fell over when I saw the price of Jimmy Dean pre-cooked sausage that's comes in the red bags. Don't know if they have them where you live but they're nice to use when you want a quick spaghetti or for breakfasts. Anyway they used to be $2.99 but last Thurs they were $4.99. Doubled in price!!!I didn't check to see if they down sized the pkgs but would not surprise me in the least. I don't know when they raised the prices on these b/c I have a stockpile of them so I haven't been paying attention to them lately. But it caught my eye as I was walking by. If prices keep going up like this no one will be able to afford to eat. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices are rising, but the goal is to keep as much in my bank account as possible to weather hard times. Sausage patties, bulk, or links do sound good. It's been a while since we have had them. We have Jimmy Dean sausage, but I haven't looked at them for a long time. A 2.00 increase in price is huge.

      Delete