Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Dinner 3/18

So, we still have some chicken pot pie left, but we need a break from the bird....my husband told me last night, "I want you to pluck out my feather". I gotta hand it to him, he can make me laugh when I am completely stressed out. The kids are back to school today, and my oldest daughter didn't have to work today. She's sleeping, since she worked last night. The half of chicken pot pie that is left will be for lunches for three of us that are home.

I save all the bread end crust. My kids don't like to eat them with a sandwich, and I've gotten creative over the years. So, I save the end pieces of bread in a container, put them in the freezer, and when there's enough, we make french toast.

So, it's French Toast tonight with a dusting of cinnamon/sugar (ground cinnamon mixed with some sugar), or a dusting of powdered sugar. I don't have any pancake syrup right now, and am not going to spend the money for it.

What I am using:
bread crust ends
a few eggs
reconstituted powdered milk
a teaspoon of vanilla extract
powdered sugar/cinnamon sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment