Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Shopping...

...since I paid the mortgage yesterday for April, I stopped at the vet to pick up my dog's heart pill, CVS to get some shampoo, and Sharp Shopper to get some groceries. I also had a therapy appointment to get some support for the stress that I am going through.

CVS:
3 pks coke (this is going to have to be thought about, I can't afford it on a regular basis for my DH) 9.00
14 bottles of VO5 77 cents each
I scanned my loyalty card and received a 2 dollar off 10 dollar purchase of shampoo.
Spent 19.38

Vet:
44.00

Sharp Shopper:
20 rolls of 1,000 ct toilet paper 9.99 (BIG DEAL, my husband is so funny. He said, "well, we can now wipe our butts with confidence". He is able to make me laugh when I am so stressed and overwhelmed emotionally).
2 gallons of skim milk
various colored peppers
bananas 0.44 lb
4 lb sugar 1.79
60 ct swiss miss hot chocolate 3.99
3 boxes of cereal 0.99 each
strawberries 0.99 quart only bought one
3 boxes of organic maple and brown sugar oatmeal with flax 0.33 each
4 boxes of mac and cheese (betty crocker) 0.33 each
3 pumpkin bar mixes (bags 3 for 1.00)
3 gingerbread cookie mixes 3 for 1.00
one hard taco mix 0.99
ketchup 20 oz 50 cents
bbq sauce
5 lb generic ziti 2.99 (SCORE, my low price was the 20 oz for 1.00 at Dollar Tree, prior to that it was 79 cents a lb at Sharp Shopper).
2 plastic tubs of Prego Mushroom Spaghetti sauce (67 ounces each) 3.99
2 28 oz cans of crushed tomato
1/2 lb sliced provolone cheese 1.58
8 oz sliced ham 0.99 (bought two)
8 oz block of colby, sharp cheese 1.90 each
2.5 dozen eggs 3.59
5 lb carrots 2.49
2 gallons of juice 0.99 each
20 ct oscar mayer hot dogs 1.49
1.83 lb of chicken thighs 0.99 lb paid 1.81
1.86 kb chicken thighs 0.99 lb paid 1.84
0.61 lb thin pork chops 2.49 lb paid 1.52  (bought two)
0.59 lb thin pork chops 2.49 lb paid 1.47
1.06 lb thin pork chops 2.49 lb paid 2.64
5 lb bag of shredded hash browns 1.99

Total 87.11 at Sharp Shopper.

I am done for March Shopping.



4 comments:

  1. Wow! Great Sharp Shopper run! High Five!!! I think your SS store has better deals than ours- some price were the same, but it sounds like you have items we don't have.
    I like the way you and your husband are a good support for each other when you need to smile. I know how it can be when you are worried and stressed- sometimes that relief of just being able to laugh can let out a lot of steam and anxiety. I don't know what it is that has you worried but I hope and pray you have answers and can find relief from your worries soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn,
      This Sharp Shopper is pretty nice. I don't always shop there, but Aldi is about 20 minutes away, and I don't want to have to worry about the amount of gas I'm using, since I'm watching every penny. Sharp Shopper is less than a mile from my home. It's kind of hit or miss there, but I worked hard to not buy a bunch of junk stuff for the kids. We have a freezer full of frozen veggies and stuff like that. We were running very low (I only had a whole chicken, lb of ground beef, lb of ground turkey) on meats. I found some nice looking sliced ham (the kids love it), and other easy things for them to have when looking for snack type stuff.

      Delete
  2. Do you by any chance take advantage of www.mycokerewards.com? Coke has codes that you put in & after reaching 250 pts you get a free 12 pk. They add up fast & that would be a great help toward out of pocket expense. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had to look online at my husband's account. He had over 1 thousand points. I cashed some of them in to get free coupons. I forgot all about it. He had points on there from a long time ago.

      Delete