Monday, March 17, 2014

Frugal lunch...using it up.

We had chicken/onion/pepper/garlic fajita meat filling to use up. We still had some shredded lettuce and diced tomato to use up, along with taco sauce. It made two fajitas on soft tortilla shells.

I had some left over chicken from last night to use. I diced it up, added the four take out packets of BBQ (my dd gets a lot of take out at work GRRRRRR and brings home the packets she doesn't use). I called this BBQ chicken and offered it to the children on the soft tortilla shells.

My husband and I had one fajita each and finished the filling, There's still some lettuce/tomato/taco sauce left. My three kids each had a BBQ chicken on a tortilla shell. There's enough left for them to have another if still hungry.

I just want to say, we don't have to serve meals that resemble Thanksgiving all the time. I figure it's easier to serve smaller meals and use up the left overs for a quick help your self lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment