Saturday, March 1, 2014

March Challenges...

The kids will be going to the dentist this month. It's the three of them, and myself. My husband refuses to see the dentist. It's his teeth and health that is at risk. Oh well. We go on 3/27/14.

  • My dental insurance is 14 dollars a month through my employer. We have 100 percent covered for cleanings every 6 months. We have x rays every three years covered. If the kids or I need cavities done, it's 60/40 covered. My girls usually have a cavity that needs to be filled. I made it last year for the first time in a while without a cavity. If my daughter or I need work done (even cavities filled), then I have to pay for conscious sedation.My insurance will not cover it. We get nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to be able to get our anxiety under control to get the extra work done. Two of us are able to get through the cleanings with out any sedation.
All three kids need hair cuts and new sneakers. 
  • There's a place down the road that charges 9 dollars a hair cut. I could do them myself, but it's a nice change to have someone else do the hair cuts. plus my autistic son sits much better and is better behaved when someone else is doing it. He takes pride in sitting like a "young man" at the barber shop. No price on the sneakers yet. 
My savings account needs to be reimbursed 200 dollars for the vet expenses in February.

Our new dog that we just adopted a few weeks ago has to get his booster distemper vaccination, and get neutered. 
  • The vet was going to charge us 350 dollars to get the poor guy snipped. HOLY CRAP!!! I can't afford it with what I paid the vet in February for the two dogs. So, Spay Virginia has a program that will neuter him and only charge me 50 dollars. We made an appointment for 3/17/14 for the snipping. He goes on 3/6 for the distemper. The neuter will be 50 dollars, and the distemper will be 35 dollars. 
My car is a 2008 fully paid off KIA. She needs a 60 thousand mile check up, tune up, oil change. 
  • I'm sure it's not going to be cheap. She goes right to the dealership to get her work done. 
Our 25th anniversary is coming on 3/27/14.
  •  My husband asked if the two of us could go to Red Lobster. I'm going to have to figure this one out. I'm sure that it wont be an issue, but dental costs will decide whether we go out or stay home.
I picked up an extra shift at work for 3/10, and 3/24 to help cover the extra expenses. We are waiting for a reimbursement from the college my DD was attending. She decided it wasn't for her, and dropped out. The college is supposed to give me 300 dollars back close to April. I am determined to get the challenges taken care of, and hopefully not have to get into my savings account again. 

2 comments:

  1. Our cat is being neutered this month and it will be $60 plus another $40 for shots. We also have two female cats but I need to spread it out over a couple months. Its very expensive but we had a bad mice problem outside and cats are the only thing that work. Its good that you are able to pick up a couple overtime shifts. I wish we had that option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I didn't have to, but it's life with one income. Cats are better than mice...just sayin.

      Delete