Sunday, March 16, 2014

Those chicken quarters...

The four chicken quarters were just a great thing. It made dinner for the five of us. I did break up the quarters into drumsticks and thighs after cooking. Like I said, it made five plates for dinner.

Meal 1-dinner for five
Meal 2- I took all the left over meat shredded it, and placed it in a container for the fridge. (about one cup                  worth). I am thinking sandwiches for the kids (BBQ chicken).
Meal 3-I took all the stock from the bottom of the crock pot and put it in the freezer (about one cup's worth)
Meal 4- All the left over potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic into a container in the fridge.
Meal 5- I took all the bones, and skin back into the crock pot, added some spices, and water. I let this
             simmer for a few hours. We have another two cups of nice chicken stock for the freezer.

I'm thankful for the basic cooking skills. I see a hard struggle in the near future. I find out more this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment