Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dinner 3/20

Scrambled eggs
fried potatoes
strawberries
turkey bacon

I am using up the last of the lurking eggs, since I just bought a new pack from the store yesterday. I am going to fry some potatoes with a little onion, hand out a few strawberries, and finish up the 1/2 lb of turkey bacon strips I had in the freezer. The bacon was first used back in February, and we only used half of it then. So, tonight it's breakfast for dinner. 

I have three large odd shaped potatoes in the fridge crisper that I'm going to peel and dice small. They will be pan fried with some onion, and a few teaspoons on butter. The eggs will be just that, scrambled, and the bacon will be cooked on my hot plate. 

4 comments:

  1. I love breakfast for dinner! I usually don't have time in the morning for a big breakfast but it's one of my favorite meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually a great "dinner". Sometimes, I can find some lurking veggies/produce to put into the eggs (peppers, mushrooms, onion) to make omelettes. The kids don't care for peppers, mushrooms, or onion in their omelets, they tend to like cheese/ham in theirs. Tonight it's using things up, they can have plain scrambled eggs instead.

      Delete
  2. Just an idea: (note: I have never cooked turkey bacon) can you fry the bacon off first, place it on a plate then use the fat left behind to cook the home fries? That's how I do it.

    Bfst for dinner is always popular, especially with kids!
    Carol in CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has 50 percent less fat than pork bacon. It browns and caramelizes nicely, and doesn't leave a lot of drippings behind. The bottom of the pan is lightly covered in a fine "residue". I tried to fry the potatoes in it, and had to add a small bit of margarine to it. The potatoes were sticking.

      Delete