Saturday, March 15, 2014

Dinner 3/15

So what a meal we have planned for tonight....it's a combo of things.

I had a fajita kit in the pantry. We are using this tonight, with the left over red beans and rice from last night. We have some lurking tomatoes that are going soft. I diced them up, sliced up some lettuce in strips. I used the last of the cheese we have 1/8 block. I cut the cheese up in small pieces. I opened the lurking salsa packet I had in the fridge.

I made the meatloaf the other night with 2 lb of ground beef/turkey. Part of the meat was still frozen and I put it back into the fridge to thaw. I cooked it tonight, about 3/4 lb total of a mix of ground beef/ground turkey. I added two small onions, half a lurking piece of green pepper, and a garlic clove. I added the fajita spices to it.

I put the meat/onion/pepper garlic mixture on the breakfast bar, along with the two diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cheese, red beans and rice, and the soft tortilla shells. The kids made their own "mexican" tonight with what selections were available.


No comments:

Post a Comment