Thursday, April 17, 2014

What's been happening...

We washed three loads of laundry today, and hung outside to dry. The kids are on Easter break, starting today and go back to school on Tuesday. I washed, the kids hung, folded and put all the laundry away. I got paid for my two weeks, and the new computer training 8 hour class. I wrote out all the bills I had in my shoe box (equity line, electric bill, car insurance, pest control, student loan, and medical bill). I'm waiting on the water bill to arrive. I had my dd sign her check that came from the college (originally my money, it was my account that paid for her education), and we took that to the bank. I put it right back into my checking account.

I had to pick up my hound dog's heart medication. I ordered her some new cardiac healthy food. Paid cash for both of these. I put gas in my husband's vehicle. I am going to gas mine tomorrow prior to going to work, so it will be ready for this weekend's three shifts.

Since I'm working again, I took out two containers of bean soup and the two containers of chili that were in the freezer. I'm planning on taking the soup and/or chili this weekend for my work lunches.
I need lunch for three shifts (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night).

I DIDN'T go to the grocery store. We have tons of food.

I took my dd to her oral surgeon's appointment. They are going to bill the dental insurance for today's visit. We have a 50 dollar deductible on dental, so I'm expecting a bill for this. I found out that she only has two wisdom teeth on the bottom!!!

We scheduled the appointment for April 30th, after her big 17th birthday. I didn't want her in pain or uncomfortable for her celebration. Since the provider is a MD in the company I work for, it's only 20 dollars for the two wisdom teeth to be extracted, and that apparently includes nitrous oxide, placement of an IV line for fentanyl and versed for sedation.

I asked the billing office twice to make sure once everything is finished, I would not receive a bill for 2,500 (my deductible for medical insurance). They were convinced that it was an "office visit" and not considered a "procedure". UMMMM, it consist of an IV, narcotics, benzos, removal of teeth, heart monitoring during the procedure, airway monitoring.........sounds like a procedure to me.

Dinner tonight:
left over homemade chicken soup (it's finished now)
left over salad
peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwiches (REALLY GOOD, I HAD ONE).
the last few pieces of banana bread

2 comments:

  1. What a good deal on the oral surgery! Even with insurance I had to pay like $800 out of pocket for each of my kids....and then my 2 root canals this past year. Dental is so expensive. My daughter only had 3 wisdom teeth, so that saved a little bit, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping I don't get a bill in the mail after April 30th (her appointment) for 2,500. I would have to get the cash out of my savings and that would almost empty it. I would have to set up a payment plan.

    ReplyDelete