Sunday, April 27, 2014

What's been cooking....

I had to look back at my blog to see when I posted last. I'm working this weekend, and when I clock out in the AM, I am off until Friday.

So, we had my DD's birthday party. We got take out chicken wings from Buffalo Wild Wings. It was awesome. We had it for lunch, and the left overs were for dinner that night for the children, and my breakfast in the AM when I got home from work.

Saturday, I had a lurking box (1/4 full) of thin spaghetti that needed to be used. We used the last of this spaghetti and opened a 2 lb box of spaghetti that I had in the pantry. I used about 3/4 lb total for the five of us. I had a jug of Prego in the pantry, and used half a jug for our spaghetti. That's it. We didn't even have any veggies. I was trying to wake up for work, and didn't want to mess with a big meal.

I am baking tater tots, going to make a box (I know, terrible, but I'm tired) of mac and cheese for the kids, along with the last of the Oscar Myer hot dogs we had in the freezer for dinner tonight. I'm also opening up the last can of baked beans to give them.

It's better than ordering take out. I can't afford it anyway. 12 hour shifts are great, but I am very tired and don't do much "from scratch cooking" while I am at work.


2 comments:

  1. I think you did great giving your daughter a nice birthday! You have my mouth watering for wings now! :)

    I know how it can be when you are tired and don't feel like cooking. Don't be hard on yourself- you are doing a great job! Your dinners always sound delicious and filling. Your family is very blessed to have you to take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I am always running so tired. I guess it's being the only income and it's stressful sometimes.

      Delete