Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dinner 4/24

Well yesterday, we finished up the two containers of chili  by serving nachos with chili and shredded deli cheese over them. It was a hit with the kids and my husband. I had the left over one serving of bean soup (I added some chopped up ham and carrots from the other night). It was great. I left the sliced ham in a baking dish with a cover, so the kids and my husband could eat it this week for "picking, snack, and sandwiches. They love it.

Tonight, I have 1/4 piece of beef chuck roast and veggies that need to be used. I'm going to heat up the potatoes and carrots in a frying pan. I'm going to add the left over carrots that I cooked with our ham the other night. I'm going to let this all simmer in a frying pan, and cut up the beef chuck roast in small pieces. I have a carton of beef broth I bought from the dollar store. I am going to make a small pan of gravy (flour, pan drippings, butter, and some beef broth) and add the beef pieces to it.

I am going to serve the beef and gravy over the little bit of potatoes and carrots we have left. We are also going to have steamed peas and summer squash that is left over from this weeks meals.

It actually sounds pretty good!


No comments:

Post a Comment