Monday, April 14, 2014

back to work...

Last night was my first night at my new position. Since I have almost 8 years of nursing behind me, I am on orientation for two weeks, so I can get a feel of the place, and find my way around. I don't quite have the routine from only one shift, but I will know more at the weeks end. They are going to keep my previous work schedule of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night shift.It's wonderful to transfer within a company.

So, last week I earned 18 hours of pay with all the computer charting classes, and orientation. my previous position owes me for two weeks of back pay. I'm not sure if it will be in this week. I find out on Thursday morning. I've incurred some medical expenses in the month I was out of work. I'm waiting for the final expense on this. I have 850 in my checking and NEVER TOUCHED MY SAVINGS. It still has it's 3800 in it.

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday. I spent 20 dollars at Dollar Tree getting "birthday bag supplies", paid for lunch out (a BIG EXPENSE), and gave her a check for 25 dollars. We had some leftovers to take home.

My daughter (she's soon to be 17) made kielbasa last night for dinner. We have some left over for tonight's meal. I bought my son a pair of sneakers over the weekend. My daughter's birthday is on the 25th, so we are going to celebrate her big day soon.

I was at work last night and my husband decided to host a Easter dinner/potluck with a few friends. He told me about this when I got home this morning. I'm kind of upset about it. We are supposed to supply the Easter ham, and everyone else is going to supply stuff. I have to work that whole weekend, and wasn't really keen on the idea of having people over to celebrate. I just wanted it to be the five of us. I feel like I'm whining. The ham is small, and I was planning on having left over ham for the freezer.

Dinner tonight is left over kielbasa which I will heat up on top of the stove. We have left over french fries from my dd's celebration, some salad from Saturday to finish up, and steamed veggies from the freezer.

I have an 8 hour computer class to attend tomorrow for my new position. I will put something in the crock pot in the AM for tomorrow's dinner. I haven't made it that far yet in the planning process.

My hound dog is at Spay VA today. We pick him up tomorrow and will be able to bring him home from his neutering. My husband has an appointment tomorrow to get an eye exam and new glasses. He is in desperate need of a new pair of eye glasses. My insurance will pay only a certain amount towards glasses.The eye exam is only 20 dollars out of pocket.

2 comments:

  1. I often get annoyed when DH organizes something when I'm usually at work, but once I get home and the guests arrive i'm usually ok. I'm also waiting for back pay from my employer. They've not paid me my last two pay increments of the past two years since I've been off injured. It should be a few thousand $ but I guess I'll just have to wait and see how much tax gets taken out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just upset about his making plans about feeding five more people and we have such a limited budget right now. I guess it will work out, but I wish he talked to me about it before hand. We have some big expenses coming, with eye glasses, two dental appointments for cavities and the kids need some sedation for the procedure. My dental insurance doesn't cover the sedation. We still have another birthday to get through, and not to mention, Easter. I guess it will work out. I can only do so much with the income I have coming in. I'm thankful that the bills are paid, and we are not in credit card debt.

      Delete