Saturday, April 12, 2014

Today's plan...using things up.

Since we ate all the leftovers last night, I pulled out a "hidden surprise" from the freezer. I have one container labeled "10 meatballs with sauce" dated 3/21/14. It's thawing out on the breakfast bar.

I took out a jar of garlic marinara from the pantry that I bought at Dollar Tree. I'm going to cook some ziti I had from Sharp Shopper (5 lb for 2.99). I'm cooking about 2 and a half cups worth. I'm going to mix the sauce and meatballs together and top the ziti with it for dinner.

We are going to have a nice salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, and the last few colored peppers), ranch dressing for the salad, and steamed green beans to go with it.

I have a new charting system at work I'm being trained on for my new position. I went for a four hour class on Monday evening. Today is a four hour class, and I work Sunday night, 8 hour training class on computer for Tuesday, work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I like that my life is getting back to my "normal". I did have to spend some cash this week. I put gas in the car, bought my son a new pair of sneakers, and my daughter needs some "female stuff". When I get home this afternoon, I would like to spend some time with the kids.

My oldest has her 19th birthday tomorrow. She wants to go out. She requested a "steak place". I requested to go at lunch time (11-3) since it's cheaper prices and I have to be at work for 7. We compromised, it's the steak place at lunch time...works out for all five of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment