Friday, April 4, 2014

What's been cooking and life...

So, I went to the two follow up interviews with the facility that is 30 minutes from home. It went great and I spoke with multiple nurses in various roles. I attended a staff meeting and was introduced as "a critical care nurse considering employment in the ICU or med/surg unit". I was there for a few hours and when we were finished, I went back into the director's office. I asked her for my portfolio and she asked me, "Well, can you tell me what position you would like to be placed in?" She said that everyone in the ICU "loved me" and med surg was looking at me to work with them. I choose ICU since I have that back ground. She said that she was going to contact HR and that they would expedite the transfer, since I have 15 other applications, and an interview next week with a cardiology office. I'm waiting to hear today from HR with the official offer. My pay/health and dental insurance/retirement would stay the same, since it is in the same company. I'm so thankful.

HOLY CRAP!!!

Cooking:
Since I had in terview and left the house at 2:45 and didn't get home until 9 last night, the kids had potato chips, a few sodas, and cereal. My husband figured that he wasn't going cook. It's not our best moment at all, but one night isn't going to hurt them.

Tonight's meal:
I took a whole chicken and put it in the crock pot. There's five potatoes, four huge carrots, one onion, two cloves of garlic, and two stalks of celery with the chicken. I also had left over "sticky chicken" spices that needed to go. So, I rubbed the spices into the chicken and used some on the veggies to enhance the meal. It's in the crock pot now, and we will eat around five PM. Since I went to the store yesterday, we are going to have a small salad (lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber) and grapes on the side. I'm thankful to have fresh produce in the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment