Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Started orientation at new job...

from 8-4 today, tomorrow, and as long as all my background and clearances are fine, Friday.
OMG I am tired. I didn't know this morning that my gas light was on, so I had to stop at the gas station before leaving for the high way....

Rules:
1. make sure the gas light is not on before you go to your first day. OMG.
2. I had a sweater with me, bring some gum or hard candies to keep my mouth from being BONE DRY.
3. all the powerpoints and computer work make my head hurt. Bring tylenol or ibuprofen.


So, I met a lot of folks today. Lunch was free, since new folks were given a voucher for the cafeteria. I will bring my lunch tomorrow, since looking at the cafeteria, the options were fresh salad (which I like), and sandwiches. I like a hot lunch (since it's what I'm used to), and a cup of tea.

It's a 30 minute ride. I called my husband and told him that I was on my way home at 4. I got home a few minutes past 4:30 and he made dinner. THUD!!!!! I couldn't believe it.

a chuck roast (it's been forever since we had one)
carrots
potatoes
onions
and a cup of tea.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day, even nicer coming home to the surprise of a cooked dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take it while it last. I have been home for a month, and he got spoiled. It was nice to put my scrubs on, even if it was orientation. I miss working. (I can't believe I said that).

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good start. My rule since starting to drive, is to fill the tank when it hits 1/4 of a tank. Dad was a route sales driver, and gas stations were closed on Sundays, only open 1/2 a day on Sat, so this was a requirement.
    Bringing lunch from home saves significant money, prep what you can the night before, to make the morning go smoother.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete