Monday, April 7, 2014

Dinner 4/7

We are in us it up mode...so with that thought process, we are finishing up the rest of the chicken I made from late last week.

I will pick the rest of the meat off, use the skin and bones for the stock making (crock pot), and we are going to have tacos for dinner tonight. I have a boxed kit that contains hard and soft shells, some salsa, and taco seasoning. I'm thinking that I will slice two medium apples to serve with our meal. It will hopefully encourage the kids to eat the fruit and get more nutrition into them.

I will heat the chicken up after dicing it small, add some taco seasoning, a little water, and let this simmer. I have some lettuce that I can shred, some tomatoes, a small onion, and even a few colored peppers that need to go. I will make it all look presentable and have the kids make their own tacos for dinner.

We have some block cheese I can grate in the blender, along with some open salsa (3/4 gone) that can be scooped out and placed on a dessert plate for those who want salsa with their tacos.

The red/yellow/orange peppers are lurkers. The ones that don't get used tonight will be placed in the freezer to prevent then from going bad and being tossed out. The chicken I'm hoping will be used completely and we will be finished with it, other than stock making for the freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment