Friday, April 25, 2014

April 25th plans

Last night we finished off the chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, celery, and left over rice. What I did was chop the roast into small pieces and out it aside. I cut up the veggies into smaller pieces and placed in a pan to simmer.

I made a gravy out of butter, flour, beef stock (bought at dollar store, 32 ounces for 1.00), and a small amount of worcestershire sauce. I ended up mixing the leftover rice with the veggies and dumping the gravy over it. I added the pieces of chuck roast to it.

We warmed up the peas and summer squash that was in the fridge. We served it up warm on plates and there's nothing left.

It's my daughter's birthday today. We bought her a cake at Sharp Shopper and chocolate ice cream. (less than 5 dollars total for cake and ice cream, it's an outlet store). We went to the dollar store and bought her a birthday bag filled with goodies inside. We are going to get take out lunch for the five of us and her boyfriend.

I am working tonight and all weekend. We are going to have a plain easy quick meal. It's going to be a meatless meal too. It's pasta and sauce, with steamed veggies on the side. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment