Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Dinner 4/16 using things up...

3 large carrots
1/2 onion (that was going soft)
2 stalks celery (that was going softer)
4 small containers of chicken stock, one container had a small chicken thigh in it. (homemade, dated 1/6/14, 3/16/14, 3/16/14, 4/8/14)
2 cups of ziti (to be boiled later and put in the soup)

The fridge is beginning to look a bit better, since we used up a lot of the left over stuff in the past week and a half. The carrots were peeled, sliced and put into the crock pot. The half an onion I was using for salad was getting soft, so it was peeled and put into the crock pot. Two stalks of celery were cut up and also placed in the crock pot. I had four various containers of homemade chicken stock (made from the drippings from the crock pot, along with chicken frames) that were needing to be used. Everything is in the crock pot with a little water to cook all day. I didn't add any spices, since there's all kinds of goodness from the chicken stock (and one of the containers was from my "sticky chicken attempts".

I was looking up a garlic parmesan roll to make with our soup. I found one on allrecipes. We are going to have those (I will use my bread machine to do the work, and bake in the oven), and a small salad (lettuce, tomato, ranch dressing). That's dinner for the five of us today. I'm sure there will be left overs for my weekend shifts at work.

 http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Garlic-and-Parmesan-Dinner-Rolls/Detail

2 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect. Woke up to SNOW in CT! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have rain and hail for two days now. It's been as low as 20 at night. Sunday is was a beautiful 84 degrees.

    ReplyDelete