Friday, April 18, 2014

The frugality continues...

We are in use it up mode at my home. The kids are on Easter break and have five days off. Today is their second day, then the weekend, and Monday are spent at home. They go back to school Tuesday morning.

In an effort to keep the budget down, and keep the teenagers bellies fed (what a job I have to say. Teenagers can EAT MASSIVE amounts of food), yesterday was two scrambled eggs per teen for breakfast. This morning we are serving two scrambled eggs per teen, and a serving of ham.

I pulled the ham slices out of the freezer to serve with the eggs. The ham slices were from a ham shank back in March. The piece of tape is dated 3/28. The container has two thick slices of ham in it.

I'm thinking two egg omelette with ham inside. That should keep them happy. It also will stretch the ham to fill the teens up. We have some shredded hash browns I can serve with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment