Thursday, February 20, 2014

What a day....STRESSFUL!!

I had a feeling that it was going to be a stressful day. It's pay day for one, vet appointment for the new dog, and to get my older dog a few chest xrays for her murmur, pay bills, get to the grocery store, make a dinner plan...have to deal with finances is not how I want to start my day.

I paid some of March's monthly bills, the well fargo A that I send 300 dollars to religously every two weeks (my snow ball payment), paid the electric, water bill, cell phone, car insurance, and even had some cash left over for the vet visit.

We got to the vet and had the new dog checked out. The well visit was a free service through the SPCA. He is only 1 to 2 years old, the SPCA told us that he was four. He had his few vaccinations at the SPCA prior to us adopting him. He had his heart worn test, and preventive meds ($$$$$).

He goes back to the vet on MArch 6th for a booster distempter shot (looking at 60 dollars total).

Sadie went to the vet for her chest xrays. She has a grade 4 murmur. They did heart worm test and prevention, a prescription for her murmur, and a chemistry panel and liver enzymes. She has an enlarged left ventricule, and a enlarged liver.

She goes to the animal hospital on Feb 27th for a liver ultrasound (total out the door for this at the end of the month, 150 dollars).

It gets worse.....

I paid the vet 592 dollars today for all their vet care.

Jackson needs to get fixed. The vet is going to charge me 350 dollars. I can't afford that. So, I called the SPCA to see if they have any assistance. They offered to get me an appointment with their nueter clinic. They can take JAckson on the 17th of March and neuter him. They are going to charge me 45 dollars.

I took their offer and made the appointment for then. It needs to be done, but I can't afford to dish out 350 dollars to get his snipping done.


I know that some folks will say, it's just a dog, why do all this to them. Well, I love my animals and believe that they need proper medical care and vaccinations. I don't believe in prolonging any life with torturous procedures. The liver ultrasound is needed to determine if it's just congestion related to her heart murmur, or if it's a malignancy. If it's due to the murmur, then it can be managed with medications. If it's the other, then we think about comfort and quality of life.  I am worn out, tired, and will have to deal with taking money out of my savings account for Sadie's ultrasound.

I went to Aldi. I spent 76 dollars on groceries.  I am stressed beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment