Thursday, February 27, 2014

Change of plans...

I was going to make ham and cheese omelettes...well, I got the ham out of the package and it had a FUNKY FUNKY smell. It went into the trash can. I am not taking any chances with food poisoning.

I had one pizza crust mix in the pantry. I found a few other lurking items in the fridge. I still had the provolone, parmesean, and edam cheese hanging out. I had a can of crushed tomato in the pantry.

So, we had a small pizza. It's not done yet, it gets better.....

AND....I had a lb of ground turkey in the fridge. I used two eggs, some milk, ground pepper, garlic, onion powder, basil, parsley, and ground turkey to make party meatballs. I used a teaspoon to measure out the meat balls and baked them in the oven.

I had some strawberry jelly and a small amount of BBQ sauce in the fridge. I mixed them both together and put them over the meatballs when they came out of the oven. I called them party meatballs.

Home made cheese pizza and party meatballs for dinner. It was way better than the eggs I was going to make.

It's time for a cup of tea before I get ready for work tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I discovered your blog recently and I really enjoy it. I think you did a great job of improvising when the dinner you planned didn't work out. The meatballs sound good! Here's a pat on the back to you- haha!
    http://blessedbeyondmeasurefrugalhappylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn. I would more than thrilled to follow your blog. Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! I really appreciate the encouragement!! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow. Talk about being resourceful. Sounds like an awesome dinner. I made pizza too. Turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pizza. It's a hit or miss on how it comes out. I like a thin crust, and my family likes a thicker crust. We really don't need the carbs though. There was nothing left except two small meatballs.

      Delete