Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dinner 2/15 and 2/16

The kids had their choice of cereal or sandwiches. I had some cream of wheat, and my husband opted for a scrambled egg. I don't feel bad, I get tired when I have to work. Sometimes, it's OK to just make due and have cereal.

Sunday's dinner is chicken thighs. I have a package of five that I bought for 2.49 total. I put in two large thick slices of onion that I chopped, three stalks of celery, three large carrots that were broke in half, some thyme (finished this), sage, poultry seasoning, onion powder, and parsley in the crock pot. I also threw in five small diced potatoes.

Since I work tonight, I will put any leftovers in my lunch. What's left in the bottom of the crock pot will be made into chicken stock in the AM when I get home.

I always try and look at what needs to be used and how to incorporate things into meals. It keeps my budget intact, and hungry bellies fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment