Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2/25 dinner

We had one chicken thigh left over from last night's dinner, along with some drippings from the chicken. The drippings went into the crock pot, and I cut the meat off the chicken thigh bone. It went into the crock pot. I took out five small containers of turkey stock, five carrots, one small onion, and five potatoes. I peeled everything, and placed it in the crock pot with two bouillon cubes. It's going to be a half a crock pot of chicken soup. I may add some long grain rice to it.


I also had one chicken breast in the freezer. I thought about adding this to the crock pot, but the kids have been complaining lately. I took the chicken breast, sliced it into three layered pieces, and then diced it into small bites. I took an egg, some milk, and seasoned breadcrumbs. I soaked the chicken in the egg mixture, and rolled it into the breadcrumbs for home made chicken nuggets for the children. They will be having long grain steamed rice to go with it.

A small salad will also be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment