Thursday, January 16, 2014

Using it up....continues.

Tonight we are going to have meat loaf, stuffing, left over mixed veggies, and steamed broccoli.

The veggies are self explanatory.

The stuffing is pretty easy. I have a package of Peppridge Farm herb seasoned bread cubes. I'm going to take half the onion I didn't use yesterday, two cups of chicken stock from the freezer, two stalks of celery, some butter and make stuffing. I will cut the onion and celery, saute it in some butter, add the chicken stock and bread cubes.

The meat loaf is going to contain one lb 80/20 ground beef, the lurking Parmesan cheese, two eggs, onion, garlic powder, basil, reconstituted milk, the lurking cereal crumbs (chex, frosted mini wheats, raisin bran, will crush it all in the blender, so the kids have no idea!!) and make it in the oven. I will top the meat loaf with a small amount of ketchup prior to baking.

I gotta do what is needed to make sure I can save what money I have in the bank. Sometimes things are hard and we still have to be able to feed the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment