Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Using it up!! Feeding hungry bellies!!

So, dinner tonight is very very financially sound. I took the last container of turkey stock out of the freezer. It's about two cups of stock. I took out a container of chicken stock (about one cup) and put it in the crock pot. I added two cups of water. I have some carrots that are getting a little old. I took five thin sickly looking ones, along with two stalks of celery, an onion and chopped them up to add to the crock pot. I have some left over rice I will add later. I have 1/4 cup of long grain rice that needs to be used up. I will steam this and add it to the left over rice. I will add the rice prior to serving. I added some sage, thyme, and since I didn't think it was enough, I added some more poultry seasoning. I'm sure the family will let me know what they think when we eat dinner tonight.

We are going to have turkey and rice soup for dinner. It's a nice soup to serve on a chilly evening. It keeps my money in the bank, uses up some lurking items, and feeds hungry bellies.

I took the left over roast and carrots that my husband made the other day and placed it in the freezer for another night. It's going to be incorporated into a beef veggie soup (at another time).

No comments:

Post a Comment