Thursday, January 9, 2014

January Challenges Updates


WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2014

January Challenges

I have a few expense this month other than my regular obligations.

  • The three cats need to get to the vet. 
  • The dog needs to get to the vet.
  • My car needs an inspection.
  • My car and DH's car need to get their registration and obtain our yearly stickers done. 
  • My college kid has a tuition payment due mid month. 
  • My car needs an oil change. 
  • College kid told me last night that she has no money to fund her textbooks. GRRR. She needs three books for two classes this semester. We will be renting and returning them in May. 

Jan 2014:
  • Student Loan  15,000 now 14109.03
  • Wells Fargo A 25,000 now 23,446.73 
  • Mortgage 73,283.92 now 71,932.53
Emergency Fund 2,950 (includes living expenses) Goal 5,000. 

Snow Ball Plan:
    •  I am working on Wells Fargo A. Interest payment, along with 600 a month.
    •  I am paying 167 a month, and figured to make it to 170 a month. 
    •  Mortgage 643.34 a month. No changes. 
    • I would like to put 200 dollars a month into my savings account. 
Stress induced and anxiety at points, but it's not easy, but it is do able. I learned from Dave Ramsey's web site on how to work out of debt. My Wells Fargo A needs to be refinanced, but it's going to be attacked first, since it does have a higher interest rate.


Updates:
I made an appointment for my car to get an oil change and inspection on Monday. I will pay cash for this. I paid online today for two registration fees and will obtain the vehicle stickers in the mail within five to seven business days. 

I paid for my daughter's textbooks. She owes me 180 dollars. I am not sure when I will be getting this cash back, she's aware that she will be owing "bank of mom". 

I paid my daughter's tuition payment this month. She has one more for February. Then we have to talk to her and find out what her plans are. 

I put 100 dollars into my savings account. I paid 200 dollars towards my student loans. I also paid 300 dollars towards Wells Fargo A this morning.  I did go to Aldi this morning. That will be another posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment