Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday dinner

I had a pork loin that I bought at Aldi about a month or two ago. I put it in the fridge on Friday and let it thaw out. I sliced ten pork chops and a small roast today from the pork loin. I put the roast back into the freezer for a planned meal later in the month. I put five of the pork chops in the fridge for a meal later this week.

I took what was last of honey mustard and added some reconstituted milk to it. It made about 1/3 cup of marinade in a bowl. I put the pork in the bowl and let it marinade for a little bit. I opened a can of bread crumbs and seasoned them with onion, garlic powder and a small amount of celery salt, and some basil. After the meat sat in the mixture of mustard and milk, I dipped them in bread crumbs and placed them in the oven for 40 minutes.

We had steamed long grain rice, buttered corn, and pork chops for dinner. It was awesome and didn't cost much. I used up some lurking rice (have about 1/4 cup left FINALLY), and the last of the honey mustard that was in the fridge.

2 comments: