Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dinner 1/22 Using it up...

I took our last whole turkey out of the freezer on Saturday morning and let it thaw in the fridge. Well, it's thawed and we are going to roast it today for dinner. The kids are off from school and college kid is home due to weather, I am off work, and my husband is home. So, this is the perfect time to have turkey for dinner.

One whole roasted turkey (I am going to cut up a few carrots/celery to put in the cavity)
steamed green beans
boxed stuffing (from Aldi lurking in the pantry)


The turkey is going to be washed, put into the roasting pan, with some thyme, sage, poultry seasoning, onion powder, and butter. I will add the carrots and celery (both are in dire need of being used, since they are getting old, I don't want to throw them out), and some water. I will put it in the oven at 325 and let it bake until it's finished. The green beans will be steamed in our steamer, and I will make the stuffing on top of the stove and serve on the side.

The turkey that is left will be taken off the bones, put into one cup containers for future use. I will put the turkey frame in the crock pot with the celery leaves, carrot peelings, and some onion, poultry seasoning, and some water. It will be turned into turkey stock for the freezer (thinking soup).

No comments:

Post a Comment