Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jan 1st dinner.

I used the skin, fat, and bones from the chicken to make chicken stock. I had two cups of chicken stock and used one for dinner, the other I put in the freezer.

I made cabbage rolls for dinner last night. The recipe calls for cabbage, long grain white rice (steamed), cooked ground beef, an onion, and some tomato (I didn't put this in, instead used chicken broth and spices). HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was awesome and there were no left overs!!! Even the kids ate it.

2 comments:

  1. every little helps doesn't it. Home made broth tastes so different to store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make cabbage rolls with tomato when I was little. My husband likes cabbage rolls with out tomato. But I had to use something to keep it moist, so I figured that homemade chicken stock wouldn't hurt it at all. It was just amazing and I don't eat a lot of cabbage, and I had two plates.

    ReplyDelete