Thursday, January 23, 2014

January Challenges...Updated

Updates:

Our oldest cat had to go to the vet and be put to sleep. He was having complications from diabeties and not well. We have two other kitties that need their annual check ups and vaccinations.They are now stickily in house animals and don't go outside anymore. They are 3 and 1 year old. 

Our dog went to the vet, and got her yearly vaccination. She has a heart murmur and needs to have a chest xray done. I am not sure when this is going to happen (since things are tight this month). 

My car has a good inspection sticker, got the tires rotated, had a tune up, and oil change.

Both vehicles have their new registration stickers on the plates. 


My daughter has her tuition paid now. Only one more payment left. We need to discuss whether she is fully engaged in her college education. She can't really decide and her grades show that. I bought her textbooks and waiting for her to give me the cash for them. I offered to take 50 percent off, she would only owe me 90 dollars. GRRRRRRR. 

I got paid today, wrote a check for Feb's mortgage, paid the snowball payment to Wells Fargo, paid for car insurance, and my renewal for my RN license. I have about 300 dollars left, and need to get gas in the vehicles, groceries, and call the vet to get one of the animals in.

I have a few expense this month other than my regular obligations.

  • The three cats need to get to the vet. 
  • The dog needs to get to the vet.
  • My car needs an inspection.
  • My car and DH's car need to get their registration and obtain our yearly stickers done. 
  • My college kid has a tuition payment due mid month. 
  • My car needs an oil change. 
  • College kid told me last night that she has no money to fund her textbooks. GRRR. She needs three books for two classes this semester. We will be renting and returning them in May. 

Jan 2014:
  • Student Loan  15,000 now 14109.03
  • Wells Fargo A 25,000 now 23,446.73 
  • Mortgage 73,283.92 now 71,932.53
Emergency Fund 2,950 (includes living expenses) Goal 5,000. 

Snow Ball Plan:
    •  I am working on Wells Fargo A. Interest payment, along with 600 a month.
    •  I am paying 167 a month, and figured to make it to 170 a month. 
    •  Mortgage 643.34 a month. No changes. 
    • I would like to put 200 dollars a month into my savings account. 

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, I’m amaze on how you juggled all of your challenges for the month – from attending your cats to the vet, car’s maintenance, as well as your expenses. These are not easy tasks, but I’m glad that it turned out to be fine. I hope everything will be the same or better for the entire year. And also, don’t forget to have some fun!

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobby. I have a savings account that I try and work with to save some money. I have 3600 in it right now. I had to take 200 out to get my dog's ultrasound done this morning for her liver. She's an old girl with a heart murmur. Her liver is enlarged, and we need to see if it's vascular congestion verses the BIG CANCER. As for fun, I work three nights a week at the local hospital (staff RN, 12 hour shifts), and I hang out at home the rest of the time. I don't have a lot extra left for fun, buti do like being with my family.

      Delete