Friday, May 30, 2014

What's been happening...

Work has been happening....lots of it.

I got my pay check yesterday, direct deposit into my checking account. I wrote out all the bills I had waiting patiently. Everything was paid in full. We went out for dinner last night at Golden Coral. I am tired and didn't want to cook at all.

We need a new AC/furnace unit. The coils have been damaged and the guy quoted us 1600 for the coil repair, freon, and the other thing that was wrong (I forget what he called it). We spoke to him yesterday, and told him that I would pay CASH for this repair. He told us that there would not be a warranty.

You know what happened??? He offered us a NEW AC/FURNACE for 1900 dollars installed, labor included, and with freon. We are getting a new unit instead. I love telling someone I can pay for a large purchase in cash. It will come out of my savings account. It is scheduled for Monday morning after I work this weekend.

Dinner tonight:
Party meatballs, salad, steamed peas, corn.
The party meatballs are using 1 lb of 85% ground beef at Aldi. I am using three bread ends that were in the freezer, I will blend the bread up and use as crumbs. I will add two eggs, a small amount of reconstituted milk, some fresh garlic, onion powder, and basil. The ground beef mixture will be scooped out into a tablespoon measuring spoon and then baked in the oven.

The "party sauce" will be the remains of two bottles of BBQ sauce. I think it's Sweet Baby Rays bought at the outlet store. I have a lurking jar of raspberry preserves that need to be used up. It's just got a small bit left in the jar. We have two small packets of grape jelly and bbq sauce (take out packets from my DD) that are going to be used. I will mix the sauce and jam up in a bowl, and heat it in the microwave. It usually comes out pretty good and my kids love it, since it's a sweet kind of sauce.

Salad: Lettuce, tomato, onion, and some cucumber. Dressing is either thousand island or buttermilk ranch bought at Aldi.

Steamed corn and peas: Left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment