Thursday, May 8, 2014

5/8 dinner

I made cheese pizzas for dinner tonight. We had three crust mixes, some spaghetti sauce, and mozzarella cheese in the freezer. It's a quick easy meal that will feed the five of us. I added some dried basil, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder to the cheese topping prior to baking.

Overall, a win win for a bunch of hungry teenagers. I don't think there will be any left over. I had a small amount of crust left that I put into the fridge. I'm thinking lunch tomorrow for my DH and I.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm! Pizza sounds good. I was looking to whip up a quick dinner tonight too and considered making a pizza but I ended up making tacos instead (the kids go bonkers when I make tacos!)
    I am thinking maybe pizza for tomorrow night. You know what I started doing? After I spread the dough out on the pan, I melt a little butter (margarine) and mix it with garlic powder and then spread that over the whole dough all the way to the edges, then I add the sauce and toppings. It's good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds pretty good. I make a nice veggie pizza with tons of fresh garlic sometimes. The kids are not fond of it, but only seem to like cheese or plain pepperoni. I bet brushing the crust with butter and garlic, omitting the sauce, and adding a touch of cheese would be great. Kind of like garlic cheese bread.

      Delete