Friday, May 9, 2014

Dinner 5/9

We have some left overs in the fridge that need to go this afternoon. Since I work this weekend, it's the perfect opportunity to clean out the fridge.

There's some chuck roast that has potatoes and carrots in some gravy. I'm going to chop the roast up small, warm everything up in the microwave and serve it to the family. We have some left over long grain steamed rice that my DD made and never ate. I'm going to make a basic white sauce with cheese and serve it along side the roast. My kids love rice, and love love love cheese. So, it also gets rid of some of the cheese deli ends I have in the fridge. (my DH and kids will have rice, I like the veggies instead).

I'm going to make a small salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, a few slices of colored peppers, cheese) and steam some veggies (peas more than likely) on the side.

It keeps my grocery budget intact to use up all the leftovers, promotes a no waste lifestyle, and feeds the five of us without difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment