Friday, May 16, 2014

It's been a financially crazy week...

My DH has an inspected car with an oil change. My car has an oil change, two new tires, and brakes...I am so tired of sending out money this week.

I only paid a few bills this week, but nothing is late. REminders that I am not in credit debt, just mortgage and student loan only, along with the usual home stuff.

Dinner tonight:

Our last package of chicken thighs in the crockpot with a sliced onion, two cloves of garlic, 5 large peeled carrots, and a "box of herb stuffing" from Aldi. The package of chicken thighs has ten in it, and I'm hoping it's enough for tonight and part of this weekend's lunches for kids/work.

I went to Food Lion to pick up some ice cream and an angel food cake for my DH's celebration tomorrow afternoon. I was looking over some of the MARKDOWN meat prices.

1.29 lb for chicken wings
1.79 lb for cut up chicken
1.99 lb for WHOLE CHICKEN

This is the mark down prices folks!! I got disgusted and left with just the cake and ice cream.

We have some odds and ends in the freezer/pantry/fridge to work with for the next two weeks. I've spent a ton of cash this week on two vehicles, bills, and a birthday. It's going to be a tight two weeks in the meal department, but it's doable and financially in our benefit.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like our markdowns too! They usually lower the prices like 20c...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. The price of meat is ridiculous lately. I try to stick to buying when it's on sale but lately I am noticing that even the sales aren't as good as they used to be. I find myself buying more chicken legs and bone-in thighs than any other type of chicken. They are usually the cheapest cuts of meat when they are on sale.

    Your crockpot meal sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prices are so high lately. I wonder how folks are able to manage at times. It's not "cool" to be "frugal" and who wants to constantly watch their pennies?? I know folks that are spending money that is to be used for bills and debt, and then don't have enough groceries for the month. It's a bad combination of lack of planning, choices, and/or not having enough money management skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy my chicken & hamburger thru Zaycon.com. They deliver to most states, the meat is organic & for organic the price can hardly be beat. You just find where the drop off is, go there & they load it for you. You don't even have to get out of your car. You also pay for it online. I've never had one problem & have been buying it this way for way over a yr now. The price of meat is beyond ridiculous & everything else also. Every wk I'm almost afraid to look at the grocery ad b/c it sure seems like the prices go up by the wk if not by the day anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at the website and it's offered in Virginia, just not close to where I am located. BOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete