Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dinner 5/14


I am home today, it's an official night off. I am back tomorrow for a 8 hour RN orientation, and then work the weekend night shift (12 hours).

I have 1/1 lb of lean beef strips. It cost 1.49 and has been in the freezer. It has a mark down sticker on it, and originally 3.50 for the package. 3.50 for a 1/2 lb of beef is CRAZY!!!! Can you hear me....CRAZY!!! I am going to sear the beef, cut it small, on my hot plate this afternoon, with some sliced onion and chopped fresh garlic. YUM!!!!!

I have some bulk red beans and rice that I am going to steam. I will add this to the 1/2 lb of beef, onions, and garlic. We have some broccoli in the freezer that will be warmed up in the microwave, and I have two oranges that need to be used. They will be peeled, sliced, and served with our meal.

My kids love red beans, rice, and beef. They would prefer a large serving of meat (BIG CARNIVORES), but this time, it's a small portion. With the added veggies and fruit, this should make up for the portion of meat. I'm trying to fill them up on the healthier stuff, the beans, fruit, and veggies. Overall, this is a good meal for the five of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment