Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Fell off the frugal wagon....

I cleaned out the fridge last night. GRRRRR. I had to throw away a large bowl of pasta with sauce, a small watered down bowl of summer squash, and corn. It smelled FUNKY! I was so upset. But to put it in perspective, I don't always throw food away. It's a rare occasion that this got missed and not used up.

Monday, my husband made bbq pork chops, with a broccoli/carrot mixture with cheese. It was pretty good. Last night, we finished the pork chops and the veggies.

I put a small beef chuck roast in the crock pot this morning, with 5 large carrots, 5 potatoes, some beef stock (about a cup) I had leftover in the fridge, worchestershire sauce (1 tsp), two cloves of garlic, and a whole chopped onion. I also added a cup of water.

When cleaning out and organizing the pantry, fridge, and freezer,I decided that the only thing we need to shop for the rest of the month is milk and bread. That's it. We have so much stuff in the house (what a wonderful problem to have!!!!!), there's no need to spend any more money for groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment