Saturday, May 24, 2014

Frugal snacks...

I made some pumpkin spice cookies. I had them in the pantry (it's a bag mix, cost 3 for 1.00 makes a dozen cookies), and made them this morning for the kids. 1/8 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of milk, and an egg was put into the mix. It made 12 cookies (medium size).

I had some dollar tree strawberries in the freezer, combined them with fresh strawberries, and some fresh blackberries. I sliced everything, sprinkled 2 teaspoons of sugar over the berries, and covered it with some saran wrap. I put it in the fridge for snacking today. What doesn't get eaten will go with me to work tonight.

On weekends, folks bring stuff in to share. It's the first time I will bring in something. I can't afford it every weekend, but once in a while is fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment