Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Today's dinner...

We are going to clean out the fridge, using some items that have been lurking around.

I have a jar of spaghetti sauce in the fridge. It's about 1/2 full. We have 1/4 jar of "pizza sauce" in the fridge. I am going to combine the two of them and heat them up.

We have five small "baby peppers", some onion, three cloves of garlic that need to be used. The peppers are looking pitiful. I will slice everything, cook them on the stove top in a teaspoon of olive oil.

I have a lb of ground beef that has been thawed for a few days. I will cook this on top of the stove and boil some ziti.

We are going to have ziti with meat sauce (for the kids), my DH and I will have some of the pepper/onion/garlic in our half of the spaghetti sauce (I'm out of crushed tomato, so I m using other lurking items to prevent them from being thrown out).

I will serve some steamed green beans on the side, and a very small salad with ranch dressing. The lettuce is 1/4 left, one tomato, and 1/8 of the last cucumber that was in the fridge. The ranch dressing is almost empty, so this needs to be used up.

That's dinner folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment